Tip No.2: Worm Farming for Profit
Worm farming is ideal for the whole family, including children of any age. .It is fun, it does not cost much to set up and the demand for worms is growing every day. You can buy worms from a garden centre, they are expensive, but usually the only place you can buy them. Worm farmers are hard to find, and when they get into production it can be very profitable. How much you earn depends upon what your goals are and how much time you have to put into it.
A worm farm can be a great way to earn extra money or can even provide you with a full time income.
Maintaining a worm farm / worm composter is a great way to deal with organic recycling and one more step toward self sufficiency. There is also waste vegetables and fruit, weeds, etc available everywhere, and perfect food for the worms. And from there, the worms produce nutrient rich compost and fertilizer.
- Worms are in high demand among fisherman via bait shops, wholesale, or direct.
- Worms are needed by farmers for the enrichment of soil and for aiding in the processing of compost.
- The “tea” produced as a by-product (waste) of worm farming is nutrient rich and is an excellent liquid fertilizer for organic gardening.
- Worms are even sold in some pet stores (as food for pets or as pets themselves?!)
- Pet stores sell them for reptile food, so there is a big demand there.
Have a look at the books we have on the home page, “The worm farming revolution”
Watch tomorrows blog for another helpful tip!
If you missed reading Tip no.1 on How to Make Money From Your Small Farm, Read here.