“Health is Wealth.”
We can almost hear this cliché wherever we go and especially from people who are very conscious about their health and wellness. It’s actually true. In this time and place we’re living in, it sure is important that we need to keep our bodies and minds healthy to the best of our ability.
What should we do in order to keep fit and healthy? There are actually three basic things that one has to keep in mind if he/she wants to be healthy:
- The right and balanced diet
- The right exercise
- And a lot of good rest
We can also add other things like:
- The right kinds of supplements
- Stress Management
- Positive Mind
Talking about the right and balanced diet, it is also imperative to eat foods that are organic and healthy. This is the reason why there are now a lot of organic foods and beverages being sold in the market. They are very much in demand these days and their prices are skyrocketing. A pound of organic potatoes can cost as much as the ones that you usually buy. Food like chicken meat is also very expensive. Your Chicken meat is in demand these days because of their white meat.
Build Your Chickens Coop
Sad to say, you can never be sure if the chicken meat you’re buying is healthy and 100% organic, right? If you are very strict with what you put in your family’s mouth and you have an adequate space in the backyard, you might consider raising your own chickens. One way to do it is to build your own chicken coop.
Here are some of the best ideas on how to build your chickens coop the correct way with the help of the right designs and plans.
- You need to know first where you will put your chickens coop. It is a total no-no to put your chicken coop just anywhere you please on your backyard. You have to determine where the windows will be placed. One reason is your chickens need a good supply of warmth from the sun. This, in turn, will help you save on electricity bills.
- Where would you construct your chicken coop? It depends on the size. If you’re aiming for a smaller one, you can build it inside your tool shed or workshop. If you need a bigger one, you can build it right in your backyard.
- One way to keep your chickens healthy is to keep them clean and that means you also need to keep the coop clean. So, you need easy access to the coop so you can clean it efficiently and easy. It is also important to mind your natural drainage. When looking for chicken coop plans, make sure that you find one that shows how to make such type of drainage.
- How many chickens would you like to tend? There are specific designs for smaller coops and, likewise, for bigger ones.
- Lastly, you need to determine what type of material to use to build your chicken coop especially the actual shed floor. Your materials should depend on what type of climate you have.
These are just a few of the things you need to know when you want to raise your own chickens. Lastly, to make your chicken healthy, make sure that you feed them nothing but organic feeds.